Town of Byron, New York

Resident Resources

211 WNY is your free and confidential link to health and human services.  Every day, across Western New York, people just like you are looking for help.
211 WNY is here 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Get help with taxes, finding childcare, domestic abuse, disabilities, housing, legal services, mental health, and lots more.
Need Help?  Dial 211 or 1-888-696-9211. Text is available M-F 8:30am-3:30pm

NY Connects
Get Help with Long Term Services and Supports with NY Connects. Individuals with disabilities, families, seniors and caregivers needing information, referral and person-centered options can call one number for access to counseling, services and programs. They can help with EMPLOYMENT, TRANSPORTATION, finding HEALTH & WELLNESS PROGRAMS and applying for MEDICARE, MEDICAID, SNAP or HEAP.
Phone: 1-888-564-5171

Ask Marshall
Have too much paperwork? 
Want to get out of the house? 
Need help from a handyman? 
If you’re a Genesee County resident age 60 or older, or know someone who is, the Ask Marshall helpline (585-815-7979) is for you! Get connected to the Marshall family of family of programs and stay active and independent.  Ask Marshall can help with minor projects around the house and offers friendly visits, library visits, transportation, financial management help, and grocery help.